Kodak Ultramax 400 Review

Kodak Ultramax 400 Review (Article from lomography)

My first roll of expired 2009 Kodak Ultramax 400 was taken using my Diana Mini camera. This film has ISO400 and is a color negative film. I bought this film mainly because the price is cheaper and I wanted to try expired films and see what the film can do.

I changed into this film during an outing with Lomo Hunters Kuching. I actually forgot to take off my lens cap before shooting and proceeded to wind the film so I needed to rewind the film and then reload again into my camera.
I wanted to try expired film for the longest time as I heard that the effect is greater than normal fresh films. I bought these films from an online store as the price is cheaper than fresh films. I bought these films mainly because my friend is getting a camera and I wanted to save my shipping fees by getting the order with her.
This film is best used during the day with bright lights and can yield effect like these! What I really like about this film is how the vibrant colours this film brings out. I just pop this film in my camera without really thinking and I’m glad with the result!
I also did a lomo mission from my Diana Mini book and it’s called shouting ‘Diana Mini’ and take photos of the people. Some of the photos I took it with flash and I do think the color turns out quite good.
I also taken some night shots with bulb mode and the result is a bit blurry due to my shaky hands I guess.
I also did some food shooting. These are the local food here in Kuching namely Kampua and Laksa and also famous 3 layer teh c peng also known as 3 layer milk tea.
Overall, I think this film is great for day and low light shooting. I can’t wait to use the next roll of Kodak Ultramax 400! I’ll surely stock up more of this film. Expired Kodak Ultramax 400 is great for unpredictable effect! Get one today!

written by cutebun

Comments

Popular Posts