CNY 2013 in Kuching!

Hello all, I'm back from holidays and hiatus and decide to update my blog!

It all started with Reunion dinner with family.


This year is nothing fancy, just couple of dish like Steamed fish,jelly fish salad,roasted duck and mixed vegetables.
After that, annually I'm the one lighting the firecrackers! *Bold thing to do every year* This year I didn't manage to buy fireworks or more firecrackers because I'm not around. Hope next year can buy earlier and more!
My family usually set first day of Chinese New Year as our mini open house day. We had Beef Rendang, Curry Chicken and other 3 dishes and plenty of rice. Our first day are spent mostly at home serving our guests.
My outift for Day 1 is a green/turquoise dress and I love wearing gold and I actually wore them from day 1 CNY until day 15 in the past when I'm still staying in Kuching. 
Titbits in my home! 
In Kuching, we love visiting each other during festive seasons. Not only Chinese New Year, we also have visiting during Hari Raya, Gawai, Deepavali and even Christmas! That's 5 times a year, so you know why I'm still round after all these years, right? 
Moving on, second day of CNY is always a visiting day where we visit our relatives and friends. My family normally has small open house on the first day. 
So we went to pig out eat at other people's home and admire their home and of course keep in touch that once a year. 
I forgot about the important red packets! In Kuching, as long as you are not married, you are entitled to receive ang pao *subjected to individual because some may not give to working single adults* 
So yeah, that's how I spend my Chinese New Year - part 1. 
I got part 2, a trip during the CNY soon! 

Comments

Popular Posts